On Monday, Luke and I made the journey to the pediatrician for his 15 month well baby visit. Overall he is doing great! At 15 months, he is weighing in at 23 lbs, 3.2 oz. It is so hard keeping weight on him. Within the last month or so....he went from the 47 percentile to now we are at the 28th. But coming from a kiddo that was not even on the chart when he was born to starting at 3rd percentile at 2 months to making it all the way to 50th....not too much of a big deal. He has made many milestones in the weight area. He is just constantly running full speed ahead. He doesn't even want to stop to sleep! And of course we still have our struggles with table food. It's much better...but he is just so picky (or at least I think so). He has gotten over an inch taller since his last check up. He is now up to 32 1/4 inches (80th percentile); and his little bald head is 19 1/4 inches (90th percentile). He got 3 shots....oh he screamed...lucky for both of us it only lasted for about a minute. He was ok after that! What a trooper! :)
Now this momma can focus on the next journey.....making our way to the pedi occupational therapist for an evaluation. I was pretty shocked on Monday to learn that it has become a concern with his lack of wanting table food, and the sippy cup. (Remember...we have made HUGE improvements in both these areas!, but maybe not what they think he should.) It was recommended that we seek an evaluation, for possible "oral motor dysfunction." Now this is one big gray area for me....so I need to get busy digging for information. Since Luke seems to be having some issues with textures, we are going to have it checked out. I am 100% sure that I just have a picky baby when it comes to what he eats and what he drinks from. I spoke with a speech therapist today, and determined that he needs an occupational eval. Which will provide an broader range (motor & sensory). Once all the paper work is in then I will make the appointment, and we will go from there.
We are so blessed with our rambling, sprinting little character! I love every minute that I get with him! It is so amazing at how much your love continues to grow and grow for your children. One day I just might burst!! LOL!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment