Friday, June 12, 2009

Logan's 2 Week Appointment

Little Logan is two weeks today, and we headed out for his 2 week check up. He weighed in at 6 lb, 5.7 oz (5%). He left the hospital weighing 6 lb, 4.2 oz...so he still has a little bit of catching up to do. His length went from 19.25 inches at birth to 19.75 inches (25%). I still cannot believe that he grew a half inch in two weeks. Perhaps that balances out not gaining much weight?!?! Highly doubt it though. His head circumference is 14.25 inches (25%). Overall he is doing great. She was not overly concerned about his weight. We will go back in a week for a weight check to see where he is at.



In the meantime, he continues his routine of eating, sleeping and pooping. He is nursing (a very sleepy nurser) and just started drinking from a bottle. He continues to try and hold his head up...his doctor mentioned how strong he is for such a little fella. That's my peanut!! :) I love to see his little smiles when he sleeps. I once again have a baby who does not like to be swaddled. He MUST have those hands by his face. He loves to be held...and of course this mommy is not complaining at all. I am loving every minute of holding him...which is pretty much all day, every day (since there is not much else I can do in the first 3 weeks).



Logan is such a sweet and precious addition to our family. He is getting lots of love, hugs and kisses from his big brother, daddy and mommy. We are so blessed with our special gift of love!

No comments: