Saturday, August 16, 2008

Laid Back and Lovin' It

It's been a pretty laid back this week, which has been much needed. Luke and I spent the week getting things done around the house and just hanging out. I have enjoyed it so much, he has been just what I need as I am been pretty down about my grandma.

This week he has been practicing with his spoon....doing pretty good. Most of the food makes it to his mouth. He is just too cute to watch. He has learned to say "UT-oh," and that is just precious the way his little mouth looks like a cheerio! He has so much personality and you just cannot help yourself to gobble him up. He is become very possessive of his spoon and books. A couple nights he had to go to sleep holding the spoon. Children are such sponges and it is amazing how much they absorb from everything and everyone around them.
He was so proud of himself a couple days ago when he actually got his ball in the basketball hoop! Yea!!!! He does it over and over again, then claps and does a little circle dance. Then we do it all over again. Now all sorts of things go in the hoop....kitchen spoons, other little toys.

Brett has been working hard this week and I have been hardly working! I only worked a couple evenings this week, but I am working all weekend. It makes up for itself. It has been nice to not have to focus much on work and just be able to focus on my family. Its a hard balance to juggle it all and give everything/one the attention they need. I am thankful that I had this week to devote lots of time to my family....I thank God for that, it was the perfect timing with everything going on.

Yesterday, I took Luke to the doctor. He has been having a lot of trouble eating and some stomach pains off/on the past couple of weeks. Then on Thursday another little dose of "allergy" flare ups. So off to the doctor we went. She ruled out a bunch of stuff, and it looks like he has a bout of a viral infection. Nothing much we can do for it, but let it run its course. He poor little fellow will loses his appetite and poops way to much. When he does eat or drink he little tummy gets really blotted. Then his tummy gets really tight later on, and he cries from a tummy ache. Its all in the intestinal area, hopefully it will work itself out over the next couple of weeks. If not, then we have to go back for further evaluation. His little spell with "allergies" is much better today. He gets his allergy flare up from his daddy and his tummy stuff from his mommy. Poor little thing...but he has been a trooper. And on top of all this, he is still teething. He has all sorts of stuff going on....and all of it making him uncomfortable. It has been nice just being able to nurture him all the time this week (and not having someone fill in for me while I am working). I am thankful for it.

I guess I better get back to it...break time is over. (One day, I might actually get some pictures on here). I am still trying to figure out all the things to do on my blog. I have been trying to get a different back ground and have had no luck. I keep getting errors messages on some format, which prevents it from saving. So no background change yet....but I will keep trying to figure it out.

No comments: