Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preschool searching

Today Luke and I, along with his Nana, went to visit several day care centers. Ahh...the big decision - Montessori or Day Care? There is quite a difference between the two of them. Luke really seemed to enjoy one of the Montessori schools. They have a great campus for their kids, and a really good toddler program as well. He slept through a couple other places, but I do want to visit one of them again and get his feel for it. It's pretty hard for this momma to visit these centers and make a decision on the best place for him to be. We are looking for a 3 day program for him, he will start in the fall time when he turns 18 months. I still have a couple months to get ready for it...thankfully. I know once he is adjusted that he will have a blast learning and interacting with the other children. It's hard since this whole time he has only been with family. BIG adjustment for him and BIG adjustment for momma!! I am sure that both of us will do just fine after a couple weeks or so. LOL
There are still a few other places that we will visit and think about. If anyone has any suggestions on some outstanding centers, I am all ears!! :) Lots to think about and take in. I am enjoying going to the different centers...some are day & night from each other. I love to see Luke's reactions when we went into the couple places he didn't sleep through. He was pretty shy when we first went in and then little by little he opened up more. Finally towards the end he was up at the table with the other children. He is getting to be such a big boy these days! :)

No comments: