Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Month To Go


Here I am at 35 1/2 weeks. I cannot believe that we are getting so close with exactly one month to go. Last Tuesday, we went for our 35 week ultrasound. Our little bundle measured 6 lb, 1 oz. He is already measuring more than what Luke weighed when he was born (5 lb, 13 oz). He is also measuring about a week ahead of schedule and is in the 72 percentile. It was so amazing to see his sweet little cheeks and puckered little lips on the ultrasound. I wish I had a picture to show, but will have to wait until their film comes in. They even saw a little hair floating around in there.

I still cannot believe that in a month or less we will meet our precious little boy. We are so excited, yet anxious at the same time. This mommy is starting to get nervous at this point. In so many ways I feel like a first time preggo, as this one is so much different than my first. I am praying that I will have be able to have a successful VBAC, as I sure do not want another c-section if it can be prevented. Thus far, everything is still heading in the right direction. I never experienced labor with Luke. I haven't really got a clue as to what contractions feel like. This is so new to me this go around. I am excited and nervous all at the same time as to what I should expect.

I am also in the mode of wanting to make sure everything is ready. Needless to say I have a ton of lists. I know it probably will not all get done, as I was put on bed rest almost a couple weeks ago. I am thankful for family and friends who are helping me out, and humoring me on my to-do lists right now. My poor hubby thinks I might be a little nuts right about now...but I just tell him I am nesting and to blame it on my hormones. I know this little fella is going to change our lives forever, and I still have one very energetic two year old to worry about. There is so much to think about and do, and I just want everything to be as smooth as possible on everyone.

I love being a mommy, and cannot believe that shortly I will have two little boys to run after. :)

1 comment:

Jo Shnell said...

We are so excited for you! You look wonderful in your pictures! I can hardly wait to meet Logan and see new pictures of all of you. Do as the doctor says and stay off your feet as much as possible. Does this mean you are not working?

We are with you in thought and prayers. We sure miss you all.

Love,

Aunt Jo and Uncle Donny